Our client, an excellent boutique wealth management firm, are currently looking for a Client Support Professional to join their expanding team of Support staff, Paraplanners and Advisors.
There are 5 main areas of responsibility:
- New Business Administration and Processing
- Support delivery of the Sales Process and Client Review Process
- Client Servicing
- Maintenance of Client Records
- Managing and Reporting on New and Existing Business Income
General Running of the office.
- Assist Advisors and/or Paraplanners with the development and maintenance of business relationships with clients and third parties (including product providers).
- Assist Paraplanners and/or Advisors with pre-meeting/pre-contact preparation, to include research into clients’ existing arrangements and where relevant the production of a policy summary/portfolio valuation and obtaining quotations and application forms.
- Processing new business including preparing application forms to be sent to third parties, online applications (where possible), entering proposals onto Advisor Office, tracking proposals, dealing with any issues that arise during the processing of applications, checking and sending documentation to clients and recording all relevant information of Advisor Office and maintaining responsibility for both the paper and electronic records.
- Processing fee statements from product providers and other third parties, checking the amounts are correct and investigating any discrepancies, bringing any issues to the Advisors attention.
- Provide administrative support to the team
- Open, scan and distribute incoming post and prepare outgoing post
- Assist with the procurement of office hardware and software and monitor and maintain office supplies
- Prepare documents and obtain up to date valuations in advance of client meetings.
- Data gathering on clients and potential clients (with assistance from the Paraplanners)
- Collate documentation relating to: client engagement; platform account opening; pension transfers; re-registration of assets etc. (all with assistance from Paraplanners)
- Handle financial plan implementation and implementation for existing clients, from start to finish to include preparation of implementation and execution paperwork, liaison with third party providers and monitoring asset transfers through to completion (all with assistance from Paraplanners).
- Assist with the completion of compliance returns.
- Assist Advisors with the client enquiry process and maintenance of prospect records in the client relationship management system
- Other general office tasks including scheduling meetings and calls, preparing presentations, printing and completing forms, scanning documents and any other ad hoc tasks to assist with the smooth running of the office.
- Willing to work extended hours on occasions when required
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- The ability to multi-task and perform under pressure
- Initiative to address issues as and when they arise. The ability to fully plan workload and implement well developed organisational skills
- The ability to communicate effectively with both clients and all internal staff
- Financial Planning Certificate or recognised equivalent, or commitment to passing said examinations within 18 months of commencement of employment.
- Excellent administrative and communication skills, practical experience of effective delegation and task completion, competent user of Microsoft office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint and working knowledge of role-specific software (Advisor office, Voyant etc.)
- Ideally two years’ experience in a similar role with an IFA firm. Will consider experience gained with an investment manager and/or platform and possibly other professional services firm (accountant, lawyer etc).