My client is a globally recognised Investment firm with offices across the world. Due to expansion, three Fund Managers are now looking for a Portfolio Manager to manage the discretionary accounts. They will be required to provide high quality investment strategies in line with the mandate set by client, whilst adhering to all regulatory and organisational requirements and procedures. The role would centre around guiding the investment process for the 3 Fund Managers.
- Manage and review client portfolios, making decisions which reflect the mandate of the individual client and be in accordance with the firm`s stated research and suitability processes.
- Ensure that the investment process positions the clients within the correct suitability bandings.
- To chair meetings with the other IMs to discuss and outline investment strategy.
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of investment products, market and professional expertise and an understanding of regulatory requirements to deliver the best level of client service.
- Execute the firm’s operating procedures effectively and, for all regulated activities, as required by the FCA.
- Contribute to initiatives in the team, office or business that improve the strength and quality of the business and the service provided to clients.
- Actively contribute to desk strategy and asset selection.
- Update/maintain discretionary desk systems and research.
- Provide appropriate MI regarding client investment performance/suitability bandings to the IMs or senior management as required.
- Please note this is principally not a client facing role.
Skills & Knowledge Required:
- Relevant experience within Investment Management and project work
- Intermediate/Advanced knowledge of Excel – experience of creating macros and complex formulas.
- Good knowledge of other MS Office programs.
- Strong numeracy and literary skills.
- Knowledge of regulatory obligations in relation to your role as a CF30 and as an Approved Person and compliance requirements including but not limited to: Data Protection, AML, Market Abuse, Fraud Awareness, Advising & Selling, Conduct Risk, Client Assets, Bribery & Corruption, Financial Crime, Gifts Policy.
Putting clients at the heart of everything we do, through behaviour consistent with the culture and values of the organisation:
- We demand cast iron integrity in all internal and external dealings, consistently and uncompromisingly displaying moral strength and behaviour which promotes trust
- We will break china for the client, having the tenacity and confidence to challenge convention
- We show concern for people, support our colleagues and encourage growth and development
- We thrive on change, continually challenging the status quo and recognising that success depends on flexibility, innovation and enthusiasm in meeting the needs of our changing environment
- We believe that open and honest dialogue is the appropriate process to test decisions, seek consensus and accept responsibility
- We are creative individuals who co-operate and collaborate unselfishly in pursuit of Group performance
- We respect the dignity and worth of the individual and embrace difference through openness and by the sincere, consistent and considerate manner in which we interact
- We require talented people with passion, energy and stamina who exercise common sense in achieving effective performance in a high pressure, multitask environment
- We promote entrepreneurial flair and the freedom to operate within the context of risk consciousness, sound judgment and the obligation to do things properly
Controlled function: CF30 Customer Function
1) Advising on investments other than a non-investment insurance contract (but not where this is advising on investments in the course of carrying on the activity of giving basic advice on a stakeholder product) and performing other functions related to this such as dealing and arranging
2) Acting in the capacity of an investment manager and carrying on functions connected to this;
- Business or Economics Degree required
- Minimum - CISI Level 4 IAD or acceptable equivalent. CF30
- Preferred - CFA qualified or CISI Level 6/7 (if the candidate wishes to be more client facing)