Pensions Technical Project Manager
To £55,000, plus benefits
Our client is a FTSE 100 organisation seeking a Pensions Technical Project Manager to join their in-house pension team, based in Hertfordshire. We are seeking a candidate from a Pensions background able to challenge and manage stakeholders to deliver project objectives, as well as have the credibility and gravitas to present and explain complex information in a simple manner. On a day-to-day basis you will be working with the Pensions Team, Payroll Team, Finance Team, Scheme advisers, 3rd Party providers of services and the Trustees.
• To own and lead on large, complex projects and/or a portfolio of smaller projects
• To establish role model planning, governance, reporting, communication, budgetary and delivery disciplines ensuring delivery to quality, time and cost requirements
• To build and manage relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external and across all areas.
• To champion and facilitate cross functional colleagues/teams to work as ‘one’.
• To use effectively assigned resources in collaboration with business as usual requirements
• To offer proactive support to non-project management specialists.
• To make continuous improvement a priority.
• To be a role model to ensure a project is always run with proper governance
• Managing multiple (and sometimes interrelated) pensions projects at the same time, both one-off projects and annual tasks
• Project management tasks: preparing project plans, monitoring actions, chairing calls/meetings, driving forwards, monitoring budgets
• Identifying risks, interdependencies, challenges and solving if possible or referring upwards.
• Identifying downstream admin challenges from change projects.
• Work with external suppliers, including scoping work and negotiating fees.
• Working with multiple internal parties involved in projects to identify solutions which meets all their requirements and persuading them of the way forward.
• Preparation of papers for Trustee and Committee meetings, including occasional attendance at meetings to present papers.
• Challenge existing processes and practices and explore/propose alternatives.
• Keeping up to date with pensions legislation/requirements and how they impact projects and routine work.
• Monitoring budgets for specific projects
• Accountable for planning, governance, reporting, communication, budgetary and delivery disciplines ensuring delivery to quality, time and cost requirements
Experience relevant for job
• Experience of completing the entire project lifecycle, from inception to implementation.
• Track record of delivering pensions projects and bulk exercises to time, quality and budget.
• Excellent influencing and negotiation skills.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Able to articulate complex messages with clarity and ease to all audiences and flex style as required.
• Strong business awareness.
• Ability to work to strict deadlines.
• Ability to cope with high demand requirements of stakeholders.
• Logical, innovative, methodical, collaborative and thorough approach to work.
• Expertise in making high level decisions and implement operational plans.
• Collaborative team player who can influence outcomes as well as work independently.
• Knowledge of pensions administration operations
• Knowledge of pensions legislation
• Desirable : PMI part qualified
• Project management qualification
Operation skills relevant
• MS Office products (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
• Prince2 qualified
• Planning, monitoring and controlling projects, including risk management.
• Financial control and budget management
• Operational management, process management and control
• Commercial Credibility
• Drive & Resilience
• Delivering Solutions
• Big Picture Thinking
• Relationship Building
• Leadership & Influence
• Driving Change & Improvement