Role: IFA Practice Director
Salary: To £130,000, plus benefits and bonus
Clients: High Value Clients To Be Handed Over
Partnership: Within 3-5 year
Your new company
Our client is a great place to work and do business. It’s an award-winning full service, City accountancy firm offering a depth and breadth of experience usually found only in the top 20 practices. However, with only 20 Partners, this is a business which is small enough to care about our clients and their businesses.
Their vision is to build a bolder better business and we are highly motivated and talented group of people who enjoy delivering exceptional client experiences which then generates a level of profit that enables us to invest and grow for the benefit of all our stakeholders – staff, clients, referrers, Partners, our local community.
Your new job working as an IFA Practice Director will based in London. They have a long, heritage and have been providing wealth management solutions for high net worth clients for over 25 year. They build strong relationships with our clients that allow them to fully understand their financial requirements. You will be joining a team of experienced Financial Planners, Paraplanners and administrators who provide a high-quality advice to its clients.
Your new role
Within your new role as a Director, you will be required to build relationships, manage and develop Financial Planners, Paraplanners and support staff as well as managing an already established client bank. This role is an outstanding opportunity for an individual who has solid financial planning experience and is looking to take on the next stage of their career to help manage an IFA practice. The business naturally generates 10% revenue growth YOY, however, they have an enormous client base within the accountancy practice that has been untapped
What you'll need to succeed/Key Responsibilities
- Successful track record of financial planning
- Chartered status – Level 6
- Ability to analyse information and liaising with internal support to prepare recommendations best suited to individual clients' requirements and review financial reports.
- Must have commercial awareness: keeping up to date with financial products and legislation as well as ensuring your technical knowledge is maintained.
- Ensure adherence to compliance rules and procedures in the filing of CPD records.
- Develop and maintain client relationships and contact your clients regarding news of financial products/changes to legislation that may affect their savings and investments and ensure that service is delivered to clients in line with the agreed fee/retainer/service level.
- Continuous development of a client bank and maximising opportunities ensuring profitable relationships are built.
- Promoting and selling financial products to meet given or negotiated sales targets
- Networking with other professionals, such as estate agents, solicitors and valuers
- Meeting the regulatory aspects of the role, e.g. requirements for disclosure, costs of the services provided and the advised products.
- Mentor and develop Junior Advisers
- Help with business team management including running sales meetings and CPD sessions.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience/Essential attributes
- Chartered Financial Planner with at least 15 years’ experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to convey information to non-financial individuals while building a good rapport
- Efficient IT skills including but not limited to Excel skills
- Excellent communicator, with a passion for business and the personal authority to earn respect at all levels within the organisation
- To adhere to all Partnership policies and procedures including Health and Safety.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as delegated by an authorised person
- Ability to be flexible & show commitment when required by workload.
- To display and promote the Firm's "core values" of:
- Innovative and quality of service
The client takes pride in looking after its staff and the added extras go a long way. They offer a flexible benefit system, regular wellbeing programs, weekly fruit and ongoing social events such as Christmas and summer parties.
- 25 days holiday increasing to 28 (increases 1 day per year)
- Eligibility for Staff discretionary awards (£200)
- Death in Service benefit (Life Insurance) benefit x 4 annual salary
- Bupa Cash plan - (Immediate cover provided for spouse and children)
- Private medical cover - (immediate cover provided for spouse and children)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Commission scheme for referrals - (15% of the first year’s fee for clients introduced by the employee)
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Study package (if agreed)
- Flexible benefits e.g. buy and sell holiday of a maximum of 5 days
- Childcare vouchers
- Gym discount
- Employee referral scheme