Our client is an award-winning Insurance company with over 20 years’ experience providing bespoke insurance products for its clients, along with dedicated account management. They pride themselves on their detailed understanding of the insurance market, so they are superbly positioned to deliver prompt, innovative and cost-effective solutions.
Due to expansion and the opportunity to grow market share from an extensive client portfolio, they now require an experienced Employee Benefit Consultant to develop new client accounts and account manage business where required. Reporting to the divisional director you will have the fully backing of an administration team, the autonomy to account manage clients or pass these to an account manager and still benefit for the revenue generated.
Key tasks and result areas:
- Develop new business in the Employee Benefits market, primarily from the extensive client portfolio the business works with across the General Insurance Division.
- To work closely with internal divisional Consultants and meet clients to discuss and assess their needs and requirements.
- Develop market presence; maintain and strengthen relationships with existing Clients, Consultants and develop new market opportunities.
- Assess Clients needs and prepare presentations, tenders and quotations for preferred provider status or single risk propositions.
- Provide client support during full risk cycle (including mid-term changes and renewal).
- Preparation of renewal presentations (including premium and claim statistics), agreement with clients and finalisation
- Attend conferences, events and networking opportunities.
- Proactively grow the portfolio of EB clients.
- Meet clients’ insurance requirements and those of Insurers and other parties in a professional and timely manner.
- Manage client renewals, including renewal documentation, renewal quotations and accounting procedures ensuring company and FCA requirements are met – however, these can be passed to the account management and administration team if desired
- Accurate input of data onto the Company office systems and generation of reports.
- Timely administration of mid-term and year-end adjustments.
Skills and competencies:
- Sales and customer service focused with strong influencing and negotiation skills, and high levels of commercial acumen.
- High level interpersonal skills with the ability to build successful, mutually beneficial business relationships.
- Well-developed relationship management skills and the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with people with various levels of knowledge face to face, over the telephone and in writing.
- Communication skills: written, oral and presentations.
- Planning, organisational and time management skills.
- Problem solving.
- Well-developed computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Ability to adhere to and implement relevant company policies.
Desirable knowledge and experience:
- Awareness and understanding of the UK Employee Benefits Market, Key-Man or Accident Health Life and Specialty.
- Minimum 5 years within a similar role.