Head of People & Culture
£50,000 - £55,000 plus benefits
Our client are award-winning accountants and business advisers, serving individuals and businesses in London and across the UK. They now seek an ambitious Head of People & Culture and as a key role it will offer a pathway to becoming a Partner within the company!
Purpose of Role
Drive the design and implementation of people strategies to build a strong people-oriented culture, making the company a great place to work. This is an opportunity for someone who is excited about doing things differently. Someone who wants to create a unique culture that will truly impact the lives of our people. The role will report to the Team Partner and have an HR Advisor as a direct report.
- Develop and implement a people plan, working closely with the Partners to ensure that the company creates a new and exciting approach to attracting, developing, rewarding and retaining talent.
- Implement innovative culture projects in order to drive a high performing culture and engaged teams.
- Promote and embed values across the Firm.
- Lead and advise the Partners on people issues, providing best practice advice and guidance.
- Build an environment where people and culture drive the business forward and are at the forefront of everything the firm does.
- Design and implement all people systems including: appraisals, recruitment, internal communications, rewards programmes and key social events.
- Design a strengths-based organisation, which supports everyone to play to their strengths and be the best version of themselves.
- Introduce programmes to promote wellbeing initiatives and positive mental health.
- Work with Partners to identify learning and development opportunities, training needs and skills gaps and aid succession planning.
- Build the confidence and capability of managers to effectively manage people issues.
- Establish, report and measure clear metrics to drive continuous improvement, high engagement and performance.
- Manage and report on budgetary activity.
- Attend Partners meetings as required.
- Work with the HR Advisor to ensure the Firm has robust policies and practices which uphold principles of best practice, fairness and diversity.
- Provide support and development to the HR Advisor.
Innovative: Is curious, with great vision, creativity and ambition to make a difference.
Driven to deliver: Able to deliver multiple projects and react constructively to changing circumstances.
Professional; Leads by example and handles sensitive and confidential information with integrity.
Collaborative; Able to quickly build effective relationships with the Team and is seen by others a trusted and credible advisor.
Communication: Strong communication, influencing skills and emotional intelligence, able to effectively engage with people at all levels.
Courage to Challenge: Holds own position determinedly and is not afraid to hold others to account for their actions.
Essential Skills and Experience
- CIPD qualification – MCIPD (Chartered Member)
- Experience of driving employee engagement and culture change projects & initiatives.
- Experience of developing and delivering successful culture strategies and projects.
- Up to date and detailed knowledge of employment law and good practice in HR with a pragmatic and common-sense approach.
- Experience of transactional and strategic HR. Page 3 of 3
- Experience of senior stakeholder engagement with a proven ability to build rapport and influence others.
- Line Management experience.
Desired Experience – not essential
- Experience of working in a Professional Services environment.
- Working knowledge of HR systems.