In-House Pensions Administrator and Governance Assistant
London (one day at home)
To £42,000 per annum, plus benefits
Our client is a world class FTSE 100 organisation with a valuable opportunity as part of the Executive Team that supports the Trustee of the UK’s 100 largest Defined Benefit (DB) pension schemes, which is well-funded and well-respected in the industry, committed to doing the right thing to deliver the best outcome for members.
Through exposure to a variety of projects and DB pension scheme specific issues, you’ll have a unique opportunity for professional growth whilst also supporting a wide scope of other tasks vital to the efficient management of the Scheme including; administration, member communication and general pensions and governance issues.
It’s a small team with a diverse range of experience that listens to and values input in a non-hierarchical environment. As they tackle projects and issues together, there is a real chance to add value.
About the Role
This role will provide administrative and pensions technical support within an Executive Team that supports the Trustee of a £10.5bn DB pension scheme with over 110,000 members, taking ownership of processes as required.
Your key accountabilities will include:
- Supporting the team’s objective to develop a sustainable long-term governance structure for the Scheme.
- Coordinating the delivery of papers and reports for Trustee meetings and maintaining content held on the Boardroom portal.
- Taking ownership of the annual Trustee meeting schedule, agreeing dates with trustees and coordinating external attendees.
- Establishing a house-style for Trustee Executive Team reports and papers, proactively managing its consistent use across the team.
- Liaising with a wide range of senior stakeholders and advisers to ensure efficient coordination of ad-hoc projects and working group meetings.
- Supporting the efficient management of complaint cases - collating information for the Trustee and (where applicable) Pensions Ombudsman, drafting responses and holding letters.
- Assisting the editorial process of member communications to ensure timely delivery – proof reading drafts, coordinating stakeholder input and monitoring project plans.
Your key skills and experience will include:
- 3+ years of pensions experience, ideally within in a Scheme administrator, Third Party Administrator or pensions consultancy.
- Knowledge of pension scheme operations or administration and an understanding of the role of a Trustee Board.
- Good level of pensions technical knowledge, with a desire to improve upon this.
- Strong communication skills across all levels, including senior stakeholders.
- Outstanding planner with excellent time management
- Comfortable with change and confident to take ownership of tasks.
- Ability to initiate and build relationships.
- Highly self-motivated and enjoys working with own initiative, taking a proactive approach to driving improvements.
- Competency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint essential. Experience of Office 365, including One Drive would be beneficial